3D Designer (Digital Artist/ Animator)
Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
As a member of the EnergyX creative team, you will report to our Creative Director. You will be responsible for the design, creation, and animation of digital assets for photorealistic product visualizations of our technology and processes. Your work will be used across all company assets including website, social media, and marketing collateral helping to communicate how our product works, while accelerating our mission to Power a Sustainable Future.
Your day-to-day will consist of conceptual design, development, and visualization of our core technologies for Direct Lithium Extraction and Solid-State Batteries. You will be part of a creative team building 2D illustration, 3D modeling, and concept visualization in both stills and animation.
- Conceptualize, develop, design, and animate visual representations of our technology including, but not limited to, batteries, metal-organic framework-based materials, membranes, products/buildings.
- Create compelling sketches and illustrations that show a vision for the EnergyX technologies at work.
- Work in 3D to model out selected concepts from nanotechnology to large-scale plant production.
- Work with engineers and chemists to incorporate design solutions that are technically accurate but visually appealing.
- Collaborate with the fabrication team to complete prototypes when necessary.
- Work with the marketing team to implement designs into animations for marketing videos and other promotional assets.
Education and Experience Requirements
- University degree in Fine Arts, Design, Illustration or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in entertainment or video game design.
- High technical proficiency in sketching, illustration, and photoshopping for the purpose of creating concept art and keyframe illustrations.
- High level of skill creating 3D models using applications such as Blender, 3DS Max, Unreal, Godot, Fusion 360, Maya, Zbrush, Solidworks, etc.
- General knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, and Nuke/After Effects.
- Ability to create compelling renders, visualizations, animations from concept models.
- An understanding of aspect dynamics, animation rigging/set-up, and 3D animation.
- Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process.
- Understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipeline.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrated an ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout career.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.