Energy Exploration Technologies, Inc. (“EnergyX”) has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
The CFO role at EnergyX will lead all financial aspects of the company in close collaboration with the CEO & Founder, Teague Egan. This includes financial projections, models, and forecasts for revenue and valuation, financial models related to producer and customer economics, overseeing third-party yearly audits and internal quarterly audits and monthly cash flow statements, and much more.
The CFO will make strategic recommendations on the organizational direction to the board, CEO, and other senior leaders, oversee fundraising activities and compliance, communicate financial models to investors, and oversee the company’s financial strategy and operations. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and works closely with other C-Suite team members of EnergyX as it relates to finance.
Generally, we are looking for a candidate who has:
1) Worked with a technology company before and understands the slow pace/rigors of new scientific-technological innovation, but the rapid pace of an evolving growth technology startup.
2) Has been through a go-public transaction (preferably with a technology company) and understands the complexity of SEC filings and compliance.
3) Can handle sophisticated, multi-country audits with a big-4, demanding audit firm.
4) Speaks Spanish as most of our customers are located in Latin America.
5) Aligns with our inclusive approach to team culture and leads with empathy, passion, and kindness. Values diversity, equity, and inclusion and contribute to a collaborative work environment.
6) A Do It Yourself (DIY) mentality and is first to the office, and last to leave.
The Candidate Will Be Responsible For:
Executing the company’s financial strategy and budgeting
Developing plans for growth to increase company revenue while also reducing expenditure
Advising and supporting CEO on investment opportunities, capital raises, mergers and acquisitions, sale of assets and/or shares and a SPAC/go-public transaction
Leading third-party yearly audit and internal quarterly audits
Managing accounting procedures and producing monthly cash flow statements
Overseeing cashflows, working capital, and other financial metrics
Legal and other applicable regulatory compliance
Managing company cap table (in Carta) for employee stock option grants, vesting and exercises (Black-Scholes Model) producing quarterly vesting memos of option awards
Highly Suggested Qualifications
10 years or more of senior level finance and accounting experience and in-depth experience in all aspects of financial operations, along with proven strategic thinking capabilities
Experience in private placement fundraising
Experience in Registration A fundraising
Experience in SEC public offering process
Technology startup experience
An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA from top business school preferred
CPA/CFA qualifications preferred
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX’s hiring policy is centered on individual merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.