Energy Exploration Technologies, Inc. (EnergyX) has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Director, Solvent Extraction, will lead the efforts to translate EnergyX’s separation advances into technologies such as solvent extraction (liquid-liquid extraction) for extraction of lithium from complex brines.
Work in a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials, processes, and engineering systems to fundamentally transform the energy industry. Specific responsibilities include:
• Improve and identify new solvent systems for selective lithium recovery from complex brines.
• Conduct and generate data for scale-up.
• Conduct mass balances and generate PFDs and P&IDs for process integration.
• Design and specify process equipment.
• Lead development to pilot and commercial scale.
• Lead EnergyX novel lithium extraction materials and technologies scale-up to pilot, demonstration, and commercial scale.
• Track and communicate the status of laboratory projects to design, process, production, and materials engineers.
• Evaluate the state of the industry techniques and equipment for future lab and pilot testing capabilities.
• Convert technical information from laboratory to pilot and commercial process systems.
• Coordinate testing and piloting with contract laboratories.
• Interface with equipment vendors to procure equipment to specifications.
• Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Minerals Engineering).
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in process development, piloting, scale-up, and operations.
• Knowledge of organic solvent extraction techniques, equipment and operations required.
• Understands integrating technology into overall process design.
• Experience with typical hydrometallurgical unit operations such as membrane separation, ion exchange, and solvent extraction technologies.
• Experience with project development, management, and delivery.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment.
• Understanding of lithium extraction, separation, recovery, and refining.
• Strong knowledge of unit operation functionality including understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various unit operations and their limitations.
• Strong capital cost and operating cost knowledge of relevant processes, equipment and unit operations.
• Integrating safety in design, Process Safety, HAZOP, HAZID.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.