EnergyX is a renewable energy company focused on the growth of the global battery and lithium industries, making low-carbon technology cheaper and more accessible. For more information, www.energyx.com.
- Bachelor degree in one of: business, finance, engineering, material science or similar field.
- JD in law
- 5-10 years of experience working in legal field of energy industry; Understand the big picture of the energy business and industry.
- In depth knowledge of legal matters involving corporate governance, compliance, licensing, intellectual property, and partnerships.
- General knowledge of water desalination, lithium extraction, and battery and energy storage.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, and work in a fast paced, startup environment.
- Effective communication skills as related to board, partners and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences. Experience working on groups and teams
- Understanding financial consequences of partnership, licensing, and manufacturing agreements.
Work on team of experienced EnergyX executives in business development focused on core operations and financial aspects of the business including:
- Advising the Company regarding capital, equity, and debt raises.
- Drafting of legal documents, especially Term Sheets, Letters of Intent, Memorandums of Understanding, and Definitive Agreements.
- Manage third party attorneys for corporate, licensing, and intellectual property strategies.
- Keep company compliant with current and proposed regulations in our specific sector in areas we operate or intend to do business.
- Understanding of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contract law or other transactions. Understand overall cost-benefit analysis, integration, and implementation scenarios.
- Ability to interface between EnergyX investors, customers, university partners, technology R&D partners, and commercial (EPC) partners on business development as well as technical side.
- Take proactive stances in areas that could have an impact on the company or legal strategy, and know what economic, political, technological, industry, and cultural developments to monitor.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.