Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Director of Battery Engineering will lead the efforts to translate EnergyX’s advances in lithium metal battery chemistries from coin cell to large format scale leading to commercialization. The role will lead a team responsible for battery cell design and form factor. The position will be responsible for designing, building, and operating lithium metal cells with inputs from equipment vendors and end-users. This position will ultimately interface between the research and development team and a scale-up team to play a lead role in technology transfer to commercialization.
Work on a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials and engineering systems to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of the energy industry including:
• Assist in the development and scaleup of novel liquid, solid polymer, and composite electrolytes for lithium metal battery applications.
• Lead team of engineers to implement electrolyte technology into large format full cells.
• Test, improve and optimize battery electrolyte characteristics, performance, and stability.
• Ensure scalability of laboratory techniques used for battery fabrication and testing.
• Provide technical direction and work assignment to 3rd party designers, technicians, and others, as required for various projects.
• Assist with EnergyX business and technology development.
• Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
• Due to the specialized nature of this role, it will require being on-call for periods of time.
• Science or Engineering degree from an accredited college or university. M.S., Ph.D. degrees preferred. Fields of study – Polymer Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
• In-depth understanding of ionically conducting polymers and their fabrication.
• Expertise in lithium secondary batteries and related chemistries.
• Experience with building and leading multidisciplinary teams of research scientists and engineers.
• Experienced with project development, management, and delivery.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
• Understanding of techniques applicable for lithium extraction, separation, recovery, and refining.
• Understanding of lithium metal fabrication and processing.
• Conducting engineering calculations, mass and energy balances, process modeling and process equipment design.
• Effective communication skills as related to the board, partners, and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.