The Future of Lithium Production
As the demand for lithium continues to soar, the need for efficient, low cost, large-scale extraction and refinery solutions is also rising. EnergyX looks to drive the growth of the global lithium industry while making low-carbon technology cheaper, sustainable and more accessible.
Lithium Ion Transport and Separation (LiTAS™) is EnergyX’s suite of lithium selective and processing mechanisms that incorporates proprietary membranes, solvents and/or adsorbents to improve lithium recovery for existing and new Li-brine resource producers. LiTAS™ aims to process lithium from “Brine to Battery”.
Lithium’s unique characteristics provide enhanced performance benefits that are transforming the energy industry. Being a specialty material, cost-effective and time-efficient extraction processes remains the ‘holy grail’ for the EV transition.
We provide customers the most economical lithium extraction process for their resource, and create sustainable solutions for battery grade lithium material products. EnergyX has designed and patented scalable implementation methods to cut costs and produce the lowest cost lithium in the market.
Direct Lithium Extraction
- Suitable for operating Li producers
- ED and BPED
- Complementary to any Pond/SX/IX/IS based Technologies
- Modular, low CapEx & OpEx
- Suitable for greenfield (no ponds) or complementary to ponds
- Enables Direct Conversion
- Modular, low CapEx and Opex, maximum flexibility
- Suitable for greenfield (no ponds)
- Suitable for low Li concentration brines
- Best in class kinetics and stability
- Lowest fresh water consumption
Efficiency & Innovation
Initially we have built LiTAS™ to complement the existing pond infrastructure in a phased approach. Eventually our direct lithium extraction technology will replace the outdated methods of evaporation ponds.
Li vs. Na
Li vs. Mg
Cl vs. SO4
|Operates at High Salinity||Continuous|
|High Throughput||Complementary to Ponds||Low Power |
|No Chemicals Usage||Minimal Fresh
|Mixed Matrix Membranes|
- Direct conversion of Li Brine to battery grade Lithium Hydroxide
- >60% CAPEX & OPEX savings
- Synergy with DLE
- Highest quality without repurification (99.9%+)
- High purity product resulting from high quality DLE concentrate
- Very low brine impurity removal needed
- Only battery grade Lithium Carbonate without repurification
- <50% CAPEX & OPEX
- Low carbon process
- Brine to anode ready
- Li-metal in a single step
- Greatly simplified and low temperature process
- >80% CAPEX & OPEX reduction