Energy Exploration Technologies, Inc. (EnergyX) has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Director, Solvent Extraction Operations, will manage global solvent extraction pilot plant teams for selective extraction of lithium from complex brines containing Na, K, Mg, Ca, B and SO4 as the major impurities.
Work in a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials, processes, and engineering systems to fundamentally transform the energy industry. Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead development to pilot and commercial scale.
• Direct multiple pilot plant teams in different regions
• Conduct bench and pilot scale testing to generate data for commercialization.
• Design and specify process equipment.
• Lead EnergyX novel lithium extraction materials and technologies scale-up to pilot, demonstration, and commercial scale.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Sciences (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Minerals Engineering).
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in solvent extraction.
• 1-2years experience in the operation of a solvent extraction pilot plant for the comparison of process changes or new technology implementation.
• Experience with project development, management, and delivery.
• Ability to manage several teams remotely, with travel to customer sites globally.
• Strong safety mindset
• Strong knowledge of unit operation functionality including understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various unit operations and their limitations.
• Strong capital cost and operating cost knowledge of relevant processes, equipment and unit operations.
• Proficient in Spanish
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.