Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
The Electrodialysis Engineer will translate EnergyX’s electrodialysis advances from bench to pilot and demonstration scale leading to commercialization. This role is responsible for flowsheet design, simulations, equipment sizing, and specifications, and developing PFDs, PIDs, HAZID, and HAZOPs. The position will be responsible for designing, building, and operating pilot and demonstration plants with inputs from equipment vendors and engineering and play a role in technology transfer to commercialization.
Work on a team of experienced EnergyX engineers and scientists to:
• Design apparatus for electrodialysis with bipolar membranes
• Process Design for electrodialysis equipment
• Technical oversight for Customer Pilot Sites in USA and South America
• Lead EnergyX novel lithium extraction materials and technologies scale-up to pilot, demonstration, and commercial scale.
• Track and communicate the status of laboratory projects to design, production, and materials engineers.
• Evaluate the state of the industry techniques and equipment for future lab and pilot testing capabilities.
• Convert technical information from laboratory to pilot and commercial process systems.
• Interface with equipment vendors to procure equipment to specifications.
• Engage with EPC contractors to deliver demonstration and commercial plants.
• Oversee development and implementation process plants at all scales.
Mandatory Qualifications (one required, not all):
• Master’s or PhD training in electrochemistry, especially with electrodialysis equipment, flow batteries, or electrolyzers.
• Industry experience designing or operating electrodialysis equipment.
• Experience designing DC power delivery equipment for high-amperage applications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
• General knowledge of the water desalination, membrane, energy storage, and lithium industries.
• Strong knowledge of unit operation functionality including understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various unit operations and their limitations.
• Conducting engineering calculations, mass and energy balances, process modeling, and process equipment design.
• Strong capital cost and operating cost knowledge of relevant processes, equipment, and unit operations.
• Integrating safety in design, Process Safety, HAZOP, and HAZID.
• Effective communication skills, as related to the board, partners, and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
EnergyX is seeking an engineer with experience working with electrodialysis and/or bipolar membranes.