Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
As a Patent Agent at EnergyX you’ll contribute to developing patent portfolios for technologies focused on lithium separation methods and materials, and solid-state and lithium metal batteries. The position will be responsible for drafting and prosecuting patent applications and identifying new inventions for IP protection.
Work with a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in translating research discoveries to successful patent applications in a highly strategic patent portfolio. This is a patent preparation and prosecution role for a candidate who is an exceptional writer has been successful in getting commercially valuable patent grants and has a passion for a hands-on role in building a patent portfolio for technologies that are crucial for the global transition to renewable energy. Your day-to day responsibilities will be:
• Drafting patent applications.
• Managing domestic and international portfolios.
• Preparing responses to Office Actions.
• Corresponding with foreign associates.
• Formulating search strategies.
• Analyzing patents in connection with due diligence or freedom to operate analyses, and evaluating patentable subject matter.
• General IP Support.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Minerals Engineering), Chemistry, or Materials Science.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in patent drafting and patent prosecution practice in a law firm or corporate in-house IP department
• Registered patent agent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment.
• Understanding of techniques applicable for lithium extraction, separation, recovery, refining, and battery chemistries.
• General knowledge of the water desalination, membrane, energy storage and lithium industries.
• Patent Examiner experience.
• Effective communication skills as related to the board, partners, and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences.
• JD degree preferred but not required
• Knowledge of Pattsywave docketing system.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.