Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way that the humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy-storage systems. See EnergyX.com for more info.
EnergyX is seeking a Research Technician for its R&D Lab in Austin TX. In this role, the technician will contribute to the company’s product development needs, which include sample preparation, equipment maintenance, general lab operations, conducting experiments and assisting sample analysis using ICP, IC, AA, FTIR, SEM, etc. The technician will report to the Research Director providing accurate and pertinent scientific data in accordance with the selected methods, project schedules, procedures, and techniques. The technician will, under guidance from senior scientists, gather and interpret data on the performance of EnergyX’s Lithium separation technologies synthesized or tested under different conditions. To grow within the company, the technician is expected to work as part of the integrated R&D team to use the collected data and literature reviews to identify opportunities for the application development or improvement of materials in potential products. Additionally, the technician will, at times, supervise interns or part time employees.
- Safely perform work and maintain safe working conditions in the laboratory meeting all OSHA and permit specified requirements.
- Prepare samples for a variety of analytical equipment such as ICP-OES, IC, AA, FTIR, SEM etc.
- Help build and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) alongside senior team members to ensure the most reliable and safest possible working environment.
- Setup and perform routine operation/maintenance/troubleshooting of equipment used for experimentation.
- Thoroughly document all relevant data and observations.
- Report and analyze data, presenting findings to senior research team members.
- Demonstrate motivation, ability to learn and develop new techniques, and to collaborate well with co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/material science or engineering.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in a chemical/wet lab.
Hands-on skills required.
- Demonstrate motivation, ability to develop new techniques, and to collaborate well with co-workers.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to analyze large data sets and spot. inconsistencies to ensure data accuracy.
- Proven time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent skills with spreadsheets, word processing and presentations (MS Office – Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques.
- Go-getter attitude and a team player.
- Competitive salary compensation.
- Healthcare (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Sick Leave
- Equity Compensation.
- Opportunity to contribute to the accelerated growth of the company.