Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Senior Battery Scientist will be responsible for developing EnergyX’s R&D projects on lithium metal battery chemistries. The role will focus on conducting experiments and tests to assess the performance of battery components and cells. This position will develop and perform robust methods for Li-metal battery materials synthesis and analysis. The Lithium Metal Battery Scientist works closely with other scientists/engineers from multi-functional teams within R&D and engineering to advance next generation battery cell technology from theory to applications. The ideal best candidate for this role is highly self-motivated, thorough, diligent, and very organized.
Work with a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials and engineering systems to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of the energy industry including:
• This candidate’s primary role will be contributing to the research and development of prototype lithium metal batteries.
• Work with battery R&D team to develop and scale synthesis of ceramic all-solid-state electrolyte materials for lithium metal batteries.
• Design and execute experiments to understand and refine existing electrolyte formulations.
• Synthesize battery component materials and evaluate materials properties and performance.
• Propose new directions for battery development.
• Develop SOPs for experimental methods and testing.
• PhD degree in materials science and engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields.
• In-depth fundamental understanding of rechargeable lithium-metal batteries, including different avenues towards enabling rechargeable lithium metal anodes, such as interfacial engineering.
• In-depth understanding of lithium-ion conduction in solids, specifically regarding solid-state electrolytes for rechargeable batteries.
• Excellent time-management, organizational, and communication skills.
• One-two years of postdoctoral or industrial experience in lithium-metal batteries, lithium-ion batteries, or a related field.
• Experience with inorganic ceramic materials synthesis and characterization.
• Experience with material synthesis scale-up.
• Experience with solid-state pouch cell fabrication.
• Experience with lithium metal surface chemistry.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.