Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Vice President of Lithium Metal Production will lead the efforts to optimize and scale EnergyX’s proprietary method for lithium metal production directly from lithium brine solution as well as oversee the development of EnergyX’s lithium metal purification capabilities into battery-grade lithium metal and fabrication of lithium metal battery anodes.
The candidate will also be responsible for seeking out and developing strategic partnerships with other start-ups, large-scale battery manufacturers, and electric vehicle OEMs.
The optimal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a field related to lithium batteries, working knowledge of electrochemistry or electrochemical engineering, and a working knowledge of metallurgical principles. Additionally, the candidate will have experience in process design and scaleup.
Work on a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials and engineering systems to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of the energy industry including:
• Lead development and scaleup of lithium metal production.
• Lead teams dedicated to the production of lithium metal, its purification, and the fabrication of lithium metal battery anodes.
• Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
• Seek and develop strategic partnerships.
• Science or Engineering degree from an accredited college or university. M.S., Ph.D. degrees preferred. Fields of study – Electrochemistry, Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
• 5 – 7 years of technical experience in areas of lithium batteries, electrochemistry, and/or metallurgy. Leadership experience in these areas is a plus.
• Experience with building and leading multidisciplinary teams of research scientists and engineers.
• Expertise in lithium secondary batteries and related chemistries.
• Experienced with project development, management, and delivery.
• Working knowledge of electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering processes.
• Experience in surface chemistry and surface passivation of alkali-metals is a plus.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment.
• Understanding of techniques applicable for lithium extraction, separation, recovery, and refining.
• Conducting engineering calculations, mass and energy balances, process modeling and process equipment design.
• Effective communication skills as related to the board, partners, and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.