Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Vice President of Battery Engineering will lead the efforts to translate EnergyX’s advances in solid state battery chemistry from coin cell to large format battery architectures leading to commercialization. The role will lead a team responsible for battery cell design and form factor as well as business development for the EnergyX battery Initiative. Position will be responsible for designing, building, and operating solid battery cells with inputs from equipment vendors and engineering and play a lead role in technology transfer to commercialization. Candidate will also be responsible for seeking out and developing strategic partnerships with other start-ups, large scale battery manufacturers, and electric vehicle OEMs.
Work on a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials and engineering systems to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of the energy industry including:
• Lead development and scaleup of lithium metal battery architectures.
• Lead team of engineers to implement electrolyte technology into large format full cells.
• Test, improve and optimize battery characteristics, performance, and stability.
• Ensure scalability of laboratory techniques used for battery fabrication and testing.
• Provide technical direction and work assignment to 3rd party designers, technicians, and others, as required for various projects.
• Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
• Seek and develop strategic partnerships.
• Science or Engineering degree from an accredited college or university. M.S., Ph.D. degrees preferred. Fields of study – Polymer Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
• 5 – 7 years of experience leading Battery Engineering teams at the major battery development/production company.
• Experience with building and leading multidisciplinary teams of research scientists and engineers.
• In-depth understanding of ionically conducting polymers and their fabrication.
• Expertise in lithium secondary batteries and related chemistries.
• Experienced with project development, management, and delivery.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, startup environment.
• Understanding of techniques applicable for lithium extraction, separation, recovery, and refining.
• Conducting engineering calculations, mass and energy balances, process modeling and process equipment design.
• Effective communication skills as related to the board, partners, and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.