EnergyX is seeking summer interns (scholars & scientists) to support our expanding team in Austin, Texas. EnergyX is an innovative renewable energy start-up developing cutting-edge direct lithium extraction and battery technologies. We are developing key tech to optimize the lithium and battery materials supply chain in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle market.
In this role, depending on your major or indicated area of desired focus, you will contribute to a variety of initiatives that may include business development, growth strategy, research & development, lab work, and any other task related to EnergyX’s lithium extraction and next-gen battery businesses.
Responsibilities (based on the Applicant’s major)
● Support in day-to-day lab activities, operations, scientific research, and technology development.
● Assist in the scale-up and development of extraction and battery technologies in the lab and EnergyX piloting warehouse.
● Assist the science team with sample preparation and analysis, membrane testing and manufacturing, electrodialysis assembly and testing, lab growth and functionality, and other key tasks associated with daily operations.
● Conduct research in support of business development and competitor analysis.
● Support in the continual management of EnergyX back-end functions and systems.
● Assist EnergyX team members in effectively delivering projects.
● Stay knowledgeable and up to date with current news and developments in the lithium and renewable energy space.
● Willingness to roll up your sleeves and support any initiative no matter how menial.
● Prior lab internship or working experience outside of the University.
● On track toward a chemical, material science, environmental science, marketing, business, finance, or other bachelor’s or master’s degree.
● Experience and knowledge of the direct lithium extraction space and technologies a plus but not required.
● Interest in working in a fast pace environment.
● Hard-working mentality and willingness to support management on a variety of jobs and initiatives throughout the week.
● Effective verbal/written communication skills.
● Ability to multi-task, maintain a flexible schedule, and execute on assigned tasks.
● Ability to ask for help when needed.
● Team player and positive individual.
Who We Are
● EnergyX began as an idea that the lithium mining industry and surrounding supply chain were due for a shakeup. With demand for lithium set to explode and outdated extraction technology and operations in place, this provided us with an opportunity to disrupt the market by making it more efficient and sustainable.
● With our innovative technology we have found solutions to rectify supply chain issues while unlocking the shift the mining sector needed to be a part of a transition towards a clean energy future.
Curiosity is at the core of all of our endeavors. Forging the path with revolutionary technologies and research, EnergyX develops unique energy solutions for a sustainable future.
Fueled by passion, we develop groundbreaking strategies to create cleaner methods of energy production and storage. Disrupting antiquated infrastructures with new research, technologies, and systems.
Leading the global shift towards renewable energy resources, we develop economical and efficient products and protocols aimed at reducing the environmental impact of our actions, as well as mitigating climate change.
What type of people we want to join EnergyX?
● We are looking for Team Members who are passionate about EnergyX mission to Power the World and are driven by the urgency to facilitate the renewable energy transition through sustainable lithium extraction.
● If you are a driven self-starter, someone who’s innovative and hardworking works well in a team setting, and excels at whatever you do – we want to work with you.
● We trust that no setbacks will derail you from achieving your goals.